Lambert student appointed President of GA FBLA

Lambert student Royce Dickerson was recently named the President for the Future Business Leaders of America across the entire state of Georgia. The FBLA is the largest student organization in the world, helping over 250,000 students become prepared for careers in the corporate realm. The positive atmosphere attempts to help students work on their leadership skills; members also take part in educational programs and community service.

Lambert hosts the largest FBLA chapter in the state, and Dickerson is not only the first President to come from our school, but is the first to ever hail from Forsyth county. After joining in freshmen year, he served as the vice president of Region 11 within the state of Georgia. All of this was done while he continued to maintain active membership in Lambert DECA, of which he is an active author on their school website, and the Lambert Compass Ambassadors.

“I’ve always been interested in business since I started at Lambert, and I’ve always had a knack for leadership positions,” Dickerson said. He one day wishes to run his own company. With FBLA as his practice arena, he managed to pass all the qualifications and, with the help of primary local chapter adviser, Susan Fagan, was elected the President. “Georgia FBLA has been able to help me so much, so it’s truly an honor to spend my last year of high school in this role. I want to be able to leave a lasting legacy on this organization that will be remembered for a really long time, and I want to be able to expand all the opportunities of our members and drive Georgia FBLA into another year of excellence.”